Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club Forum

A forum for anyone with an interest in the activities, participation, and promotion of the Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club

3 posters

Back Up Gun (BUG) Match

B Powers
    B Powers

Back Up Gun (BUG) Match Empty Back Up Gun (BUG) Match

Post  B Powers Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:42 am

How did the BUG match go yesterday? Anyone learn any interesting points on using your actual carry gun?

Bill
    55Kingpin
    55Kingpin

Back Up Gun (BUG) Match Empty Re: Back Up Gun (BUG) Match

Post  55Kingpin Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:52 am

Yeah... Swingers are even harder to hit with a DA only .38 revolver...lol.

And suppressed pistols are hard for the timer to pick up. But it was totally worth it. Cool

I, for one, am looking forward to the next BUG match.

-Chase
    B Powers
    B Powers

Back Up Gun (BUG) Match Empty Pistols

Post  B Powers Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:59 am

Wow, I had no idea that suppressed pistols were allowed in a match. What sort of suppressed guns were people using? What calibers does the BUG match allow? Any idea if we will be doing this match again?

Bil
    Henry

Post  Henry Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:53 pm

It was a suppressed Walther 22 used as part of a stage when your main gun was dry. Really quite...almost like shooting a BB gun.

I would like to say thanks to Jamie for setting the BUG match up. You could tell a lot of thought and work went into the stages. It was proof that you don't need high round count stages to have a good match.

Shooting this match was a good learning experience. I probably won't be carrying a full size Glock or a 1911 that is tricked out if a time comes when I might need them. But I could possibly be carrying a Kahr 9mm or a S&W snubby. I know IDPA isn't "training" but what it has done for me is to improve my gun handling skills and accuracy. The BUG match enforced for me that you need to know the weapon you're carrying and be able to shoot it as quickly and accurately as possible. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:12 am