Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club Forum

A forum for anyone with an interest in the activities, participation, and promotion of the Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club

3 posters

name of the club

jimi4633

name of the club Empty name of the club

Post  jimi4633 Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:40 pm

How did the name of the Kettlefoot R & G club originate?
    Lynne

name of the club Empty Club Name

Post  Lynne Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:30 am

The name "kettlefoot" comes from the the huge black bear that used to roam these mountains. Legend has it that he had paws the size of "kettles", thus kettle foot. I have a copy of a newspaper article given to one of the club founders, Frank Thomas, that refers to the bear. I plan to frame it and put it in the club house.
    Lynne
    jimi4633

name of the club Empty kettlefoot

Post  jimi4633 Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:31 am

Was the bear trapped and killed by nat wills, of mtn city tenn?...i have an article from a magazine from 1934 detailing this.
    jimi4633

name of the club Empty Re: name of the club

Post  jimi4633 Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:45 pm

jimi4633 wrote:Was the bear trapped and killed by nat wills, of mtn city tenn?...i have an article from a magazine from 1934 detailing this.
    MarkEagle
    MarkEagle

Post  MarkEagle Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:24 am

Was Kettlefoot Rod and Gun established before Kettlefoot Wildlife Management Area (which is in Cherokee National Park)?

Kettlefoot Wildlife Management Area in Sullivan County in Tennessee
    The Kettlefoot Wildlife Management Area is drawn on the United States Geological Service (USGS) Shady Valley Topo map. Kettlefoot Wildlife Management Area is located in Sullivan County in the State of Tennessee. The Park is located at the latitude and longitude coordinates of 36.5612253 and -81.9506779 at an elevation of 728. Fishing enthusiasts interested in fishing near Kettlefoot Wildlife Management Area should print out the Topo map and take it with them on their fishing trip. Fishermen and Fisherwomen should also submit a comment or report on Kettlefoot Wildlife Management Area to help out their fellow anglers.

Mark

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:05 am