Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club Forum

A forum for anyone with an interest in the activities, participation, and promotion of the Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club

2 posters

Sporting Clays

bcfrom10EC

Sporting Clays Empty Sporting Clays

Post  bcfrom10EC Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:02 pm

Greetings,
    The clays course keeps getting better. Kudos to the target setters. What would it take to have it open on Saturday?
    KfootSporting
    KfootSporting

Sporting Clays Empty Re: Sporting Clays

Post  KfootSporting Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:57 pm

Boyce, I got your e-mail about this and have sent you what i'm about to say but I will repeat it here for the benefit of others that might be thinking the same thing. We too, would love to see the Sporting Clays course open on Saturdays to provide more access! As you know, we are all volunteers so all it would take is someone to say, "I volunteer" to open the course on Saturdays and collect the monies for the club. We would then coordinate with other shoots and get an approval by the club leadership to do this. cheers If you would like to talk about this more, please see me, Robert or Mike.
    Thankyou for the compliment on the target setting. Still learning and we are trying to bring back to Kettlefoot those birds we see in registered shoots. I know you have a lot of experience here so your compliment is even more meaningful! We would be grateful for your help and expertise! We, also, hope to encourage others to do the same. We would love to become home to the best Sporting Clays shooters in TN and VA but it will take work and not just membership dues!
    Travis
    bcfrom10EC

Post  bcfrom10EC Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:50 pm

Well, I could work 1 Saturday a month. As far as target improvement goes, the terrain on #4,5, and 6 dont leave a lot to work with. Moving traps around on the side of the ridge would require a lot of manpower. There are some short towers available that use a winch and cable for raising the load. These might not cost a lot and would give more options on the ground we now have. How about putting a machine on that platform near the road?
    BC
    KfootSporting
    KfootSporting

Post  KfootSporting Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:25 pm

Boyce!
    That sounds great!! That's one Saturday where all of our club would have access to Sporting that they do not currently have. Perhaps we can talk more about this tonite during 5-stand.
    We agree with you on those stations that you mentioned. Those Laporte traps are difficult to change and move. It does require some manpower! We can attest to that!........they aint promatics!!!!
    We have actually had some discussions with regards to elevated traps, as you mention. Still trying to work thru that so your ideas will be greatly appreciated.
    Thankyou for your willingness to help! cheers I would also like to thank Mike Jordan, Mike Sexton and Dak Pippin who have jumped in and helped as the need arose and are instrumental in making the improvements in the Sporting Clays range that you are seeing. A "thankyou" is also deserved by Wayne and the board at Kettlefoot who have been very supportive of the Sporting Clays program at Kettlefoot. I wish everyone who enjoys Sporting Clays at Kettlefoot would go by and just tell these guys thanks. They have been good friends to our program! cheers

Travis

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 am