Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club Forum

A forum for anyone with an interest in the activities, participation, and promotion of the Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club

2 posters

Upper rifle range questions

ontrack
    ontrack

Upper rifle range questions Empty Upper rifle range questions

Post  ontrack Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:54 pm

I've been a Kettlefoot member for 3 or 4 years (maybe longer, can't remember) and I have never visited the rifle range-I'm a handgunner. I have a new SCAR that I've owned for about 6 months and never fired, so I feel like it's time. I'm sure the range and safety rules are posted, but I was wondering at what increments the target distances are and what the maximum target distance is. Also, it seems that I remember that rifle targets were once available for purchase at the clubhouse-is this still true (if it ever was)? How are the targets secured to the stands? I hate to feel like such a newbie after 30+ years of pistol shooting, but I don't hunt and I had to see what all of the AR fuss was about. I want to be prepared and come to the range with everything I need, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys and gals!
    Wayne

Upper rifle range questions Empty Re: Upper rifle range questions

Post  Wayne Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:38 am

Good Morning Steve,
    Backer boards are at 25,50,100,200, and 300 yds. You must provide your own targets and they are secured by your staple gun. An arrow with 1/4 " staples will work fine. You may also wish to purchase a spotting scope and bring sandbags , bipod etc. for long shots.
    We are always needing crossties. If you round some up let me know when and where.
    I do have targets but have never thought of selling them. If the members want me to have them on site for sale, I can arrange it.
    As Always, Thanks for your help and support,
    Wayne
    ontrack
    ontrack

Post  ontrack Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:53 pm

Thanks for the quick reply and good info Wayne. It sounds like I have everything I need-bipod, sandbags, spotting scope, and I keep a staple gun in my range bag. I'll pick up a few targets and head that way!
    Do you you have any idea how many ties you need? Our tie program has been cut out for the second year in a row, so good used ties are pretty scarce. We have been installing the best ones in yard tracks and industry sidings, but I'm sure I can come up with a few here and there. I should be able to deliver them to the range once I get them rounded up. It may take me a couple of weeks, but I'll start looking on Monday. Thanks again!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:35 pm