Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club Forum

A forum for anyone with an interest in the activities, participation, and promotion of the Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club

2 posters

Shotgun Pattern

JMann
    JMann

Shotgun Pattern Empty Shotgun Pattern

Post  JMann Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:46 pm

jocolor Would someone please give me the how to on using the shotgun pattern steel target? I have figgured out the grease roller part but are there any distance recommendations and/or markers? Any other advice?

thanks,
    Wayne

Shotgun Pattern Empty Re: Shotgun Pattern

Post  Wayne Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:29 am

jmann,
    The pattern board will tell you the density and point of impact of your shot pattern.
    Obviously this changes with the increase in distance to the board. Trapshooters like a pattern above the point of aim and their distance depends on where they shoot the target. Skeet shooters for the most part want a lower poi in relation to their point of aim.
    There is no set distances or density. Everything depends on your personal preference. It will however let you know if your gun needs work and or adjustment.

Wayne
    JMann
    JMann

Post  JMann Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:16 am

Wayne,

Thanks for the feedback. I am looking for a suitable turkey load/shot size for my 2 3/4" 1100 so I want poi at poa. I have a mount for a red dot but will probably not use it unless my eyesight forces me to.

Thanks again,
    Johnny

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:39 am