Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club Forum

A forum for anyone with an interest in the activities, participation, and promotion of the Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club

+11
ralphtt
JMann
JPayne
justanobody
Dee
RickD
duane
Wayne
ontrack
Lynne
Denny1
15 posters

Latest news letter and dues increase

JMann
    JMann

Latest news letter and dues increase - Page 2 Empty Re: Latest news letter and dues increase

Post  JMann Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:50 pm

sirtango wrote:Yeah i saw the post was 2 yrs old after the fact. Not up to date other than what i've heard through members. As far as my attitude if you don't like it get over it, because my attitude doesn't change. As i said i frequent the class 3 shoots. When i was a member it seems as if the club was, not sure whether to classify it as polarized or stratified. Seemed like certain disciplines of shooters frowned upon others and vice versa. I was told not to bring my .50bmg back because "it caused too much damage to the target boards" kinda funny i only fired 1 rd to check for signs of high pressure on my reloads. Got paged back to work. As i was packing up, the guy came by and told me that. As far as me becoming a member again, you can forget that! My money will not be spent at a club that does not support the ENTIRE Second Amendment. It seems my attitude and beliefs have disqualified me from several other organizations as well. Here is the short list:

KKK: I'm not prejudice
    Nazi's: I don't hate Jewish people
    democrat party: You don't even wanna get me started on this.
    TSA: i hate like child molesters
    Kettlefoot: my attitude, well at least you have a good excuse!

You all have a good day and good luck with those volunteers I'll stick to the real gun clubs, where ALL guns are welcome.
    Sirtango

Funny thing, I was in Gunrunners gun shop on Thursday and heard this same speech about how much auto weapons costs etc., etc. I am sure it was a remarkable coincidence as no one in the retail firearms business would think of alienating 1000 - 1400 possible gun buyers with the totally juvenile rude attitude displayed by this writer. I did suggest to the person with whom I was speaking in Gunrunners and who used almost the same exact words call Kettlefoot RGC about auto fire as I vaguely remember some posting about a trial of auto fire. That individual seemed to be pleasant during the conversation so couldn't possibly be the individual making the above post. Just that I am truly amazed at the similarities in the comments regarding their stated cost of Class 3 firearms. I did wonder how they could possibly stay in business at those costs because I can't imagine enough people in the Tri-Cities area willing to spend that kind of money on something of such limited use. I am old enough to not be surprised to learn new things but to think that Gunrunners could sell enough guns at $20+K each is truly a surprise to me. As to real gun clubs where all guns are welcome, I vaguely remember the individual at Gunrunners saying that there wasn't a gun club in this area that allowed auto fire. Another reason I am reasonably sure the the person with whom I was speaking and the poster are probably not the same. The poster obviously has anger issues and seems to act impulsively when disappointed. Kinda make me worry that this individual is also in possession of fully auto weapons when they are in one of their snits affraid
    sirtango

Latest news letter and dues increase - Page 2 Empty Re: Latest news letter and dues increase

Post  sirtango Tue May 01, 2012 5:24 pm

JMann wrote:
    sirtango wrote:Yeah i saw the post was 2 yrs old after the fact. Not up to date other than what i've heard through members. As far as my attitude if you don't like it get over it, because my attitude doesn't change. As i said i frequent the class 3 shoots. When i was a member it seems as if the club was, not sure whether to classify it as polarized or stratified. Seemed like certain disciplines of shooters frowned upon others and vice versa. I was told not to bring my .50bmg back because "it caused too much damage to the target boards" kinda funny i only fired 1 rd to check for signs of high pressure on my reloads. Got paged back to work. As i was packing up, the guy came by and told me that. As far as me becoming a member again, you can forget that! My money will not be spent at a club that does not support the ENTIRE Second Amendment. It seems my attitude and beliefs have disqualified me from several other organizations as well. Here is the short list:

KKK: I'm not prejudice
    Nazi's: I don't hate Jewish people
    democrat party: You don't even wanna get me started on this.
    TSA: i hate like child molesters
    Kettlefoot: my attitude, well at least you have a good excuse!

You all have a good day and good luck with those volunteers I'll stick to the real gun clubs, where ALL guns are welcome.
    Sirtango

Funny thing, I was in Gunrunners gun shop on Thursday and heard this same speech about how much auto weapons costs etc., etc. I am sure it was a remarkable coincidence as no one in the retail firearms business would think of alienating 1000 - 1400 possible gun buyers with the totally juvenile rude attitude displayed by this writer. I did suggest to the person with whom I was speaking in Gunrunners and who used almost the same exact words call Kettlefoot RGC about auto fire as I vaguely remember some posting about a trial of auto fire. That individual seemed to be pleasant during the conversation so couldn't possibly be the individual making the above post. Just that I am truly amazed at the similarities in the comments regarding their stated cost of Class 3 firearms. I did wonder how they could possibly stay in business at those costs because I can't imagine enough people in the Tri-Cities area willing to spend that kind of money on something of such limited use. I am old enough to not be surprised to learn new things but to think that Gunrunners could sell enough guns at $20+K each is truly a surprise to me. As to real gun clubs where all guns are welcome, I vaguely remember the individual at Gunrunners saying that there wasn't a gun club in this area that allowed auto fire. Another reason I am reasonably sure the the person with whom I was speaking and the poster are probably not the same. The poster obviously has anger issues and seems to act impulsively when disappointed. Kinda make me worry that this individual is also in possession of fully auto weapons when they are in one of their snits affraid

If this is the same gunrunners as the off visible off of I-81, i know of the place but have never been in there. Not sure what exact same words he used but all you have to do is look at the ads. They stay in business by selling all kinds of class 3 weapons and suppressors. As far as "limited use" well you're only limited by your imagination. Selector switches are a wonderful invention. I have heard, but do not know for a fact that shooters edge in Johnson City is a class 3 friendly range. I have never been there. But as i said i frequent the SHOOTS and gave info on the shoots at Camden and Knob Creek. Oh and just FYI class 3 dealers sell to individuals all over the country not just here in the tri cities area. As far as my "anger issues" if TSA molesting children is your idea of security, then you need a serious mental evaluation. BTW you can stop cowering in the corner or under the bed, i have never killed anyone or had the urge to kill anyone with one of my evil machine guns or DD's, or for that matter a class 1 firearm. Even angry people have the right to keep and bear arms. But you are right about one thing, it was not me at gunrunners. Now you and that squirrel take another sip of that whiskey and chill out. On second thought keep the squirrel out of it, looks like he has had enough. One thing is for sure, i will NEVER give my hard earned money to a club that doesn't support ALL guns!
    MarkEagle
    MarkEagle

Post  MarkEagle Tue May 01, 2012 10:21 pm

Dear Sirtango,
    There are several things that have changed since you last visited the club, and to help out I'll pass along a few items of interest;

1- We now have 11 pistol bays for use by all. This way when IDPA meets on the 4th Sat there are still extra unused bays for club members.
    2- We will be holding our 3rd Virginia State IDPA Match this June with folks coming from across the USA. We hope to host about 200 shooters
    3- Full auto weapons are welcome at Kettlefoot on all the pistol bays. Certain days we can shoot FA on the rifle range too.
    4- 50BMGs are welcome, in fact I have one and enjoy shooting it on the rifle range anytime. In fact there are well over a dozen club members with 50BMG rifles, one just a day ago.
    5- The club is operating under a much improved management that is very open minded and has become quite forward thinking
    6- The new management is always looking for rules to get rid of, and new disciplines to bring to the club.
    7- There is a state-of-the-art 22 range
    8- There is a new Bullseye range
    9- There is a new sporting clays range
    10- There is a new five stand range
    11- There is a new larger picnic shelter at the IDPA ranges
    12- There is a new electric gate that operates on a PIN. No more keys to get out of your truck to open gate
    13- New 300 yard rifle range targets
    14- New rifle range benches and covered area
    15- Multiple porta-lets, no more outhouses
    16- Increased funind for IDPA events and greater management support
    17- Average IDPA shoot has about 85 people shooting per month
    18- Advanced classes are available, such as Pistol 101, Carbine 101, Tactical shotgun, Tactical rifle

This is just the ones I can easily list, as i do not do much shotgun shooting. Perhaps you should visit the club again and realize that some things do change. I would welcome you to IDPA, we shoot on the fourth Saturday of each month and I think we have a super bunch of shooters. Come shoot with us and let us show you how improved KRGC really is!

Mark

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:36 pm