Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club Forum

A forum for anyone with an interest in the activities, participation, and promotion of the Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club

3 posters

Range construction

MarkEagle
    MarkEagle

Range construction Empty Range construction

Post  MarkEagle Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:56 pm

Wayne,

In regard to the construction it looks great, just visited the ranges tonight (11:00pm- Wed). That new larger lower pistol bay is very impressive and I had no idea it would look that good, it is really nice. It is hard to imagine how much room was generated by removing the berm.

The expansion of new Bay 9 at a 45 degree angle looked impressive at night, I'll check it again this weekend. That was a super idea. It really pulls the shooter into the bay and away from the mouth of the bay, increasing safety.

And the safety berm at the edge of the hill is exactly what we needed, maybe we can work out a walking path around the end at some time. This way, while shooting in new Bay 6, you cannot see the shooters in the lower bays.

The rifle range berms looked good last weekend, I didn't go out there tonight, but Mike said at IDPA that the crew was going to finish the left berm into the hill so it is solid at the left side.

Thanks again for your support of IDPA. We had a good crowd last weekend, not great as I think many folks thought it was raining, when it didn't rain at all.

Mark
    Wayne

Range construction Empty Re: Range construction

Post  Wayne Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:21 am

Thanks Mark,
    The berm at the rifle range will be completed to the hillside and some drainage issues resolved. the concrete walkways to the 200yd. should be poured next week.
    A walkway between the upper and lower ranges will be done before the equipment leaves.
    I hope everyone will enjoy the new and safer bays.
    Wayne
    MarkEagle
    MarkEagle

Post  MarkEagle Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:26 pm

Wayne,

The new ranges look super. I was quite impressed with the new bay 11, I just hope some dumb deer forgets to pay attention and falls down the back LOL

Did you mention that you might need some help getting the railroad ties back into place, and maybe we can see if we can get some new ones donated too? How many folks would you need to help Tom get the ties back in place, and would that be best during the week or on Saturday?

One minor request please, could Tom use the tractor and add some dirt to the first part of the berm between bays 9 and 10, just the first 5-10 feet as it has already settled a little bit?

The pathway looks good, we will try to slope it off a little bit, it may level out when gravel is spread. I'll send out a letter to see what volunteers we can get lined up to work on the ranges, let me know how many and when.

Thanks again for your support.
    Mark
    Wayne

Post  Wayne Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:20 am

Mark,
    Tom is usually free to work IDPA range every Sat. but the 4th. If we can get a work party together we will finish it up
    Wayne
    ontrack
    ontrack

Post  ontrack Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:39 pm

Wayne and Mark,
    We had the NS tie renewal gang come through on the RR a month or so ago, and there are ties available that I could get donated to KF again. The only problem is that they are all located between Emory and Marion, and I have no way of getting them any closer to Bristol. The same tie gang started at State St. (the end of my territory, and basically a different railroad) and went west, although I have no idea how far. I would bet that there are still ties west of State, but I can't be any help at all there. If you would be interested in me doing what I can, just let me know. I'll need to know the amount of ties needed, when they will be picked up and by whom, and who gets the paperwork (release of liability, all of the legal stuff, etc.) Same procedure as last time, except this time they won't be as close by to pick up.

Steve
    steveproffitt@comcast.net

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:32 pm