Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club Forum

A forum for anyone with an interest in the activities, participation, and promotion of the Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club

3 posters

Sporting and 5 Stand Leagues starting!

KfootSporting
    KfootSporting

Sporting and 5 Stand Leagues starting! Empty Sporting and 5 Stand Leagues starting!

Post  KfootSporting Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:20 pm

I don't know about all of you but I'm so ready for the cold weather to be gone! We are getting ready for the leagues this year and I wanted to give everyone a few updates as they relate to the Sporting Clays and 5-Stand programs.
    The 5-Stand league will start on Tuesday March 30th. We begin shooting around 5P (same as the skeet leagues). If you've never shot this game before, you owe it to yourself to give this a go! Also, if your new to this game, don't worry as there will be others there to answer questions and help in any way they can!
    The Sporting Clays league will begin the following Sunday (April 4th). We meet at the clubhouse and begin shooting at 10AM. The course will change a bit this season with the first station behind the storage house (yellow/tan thingy on the hill by the road). Progressing along the small road and ending up near the current 5-Stand range in a, generally, clockwise fashion. The course consists of 10 stations with 5 targets each for a total of 50 birds making up the course. Hopefully, we will move to a 100 bird course later. Again, if you've never shot this, you're in for a treat and you will find many people willing to help you with any questions you might have! cheers
    The required number of scores for trophy consideration has been covered elsewhere so I will not repeat them here. Handicapping for Sporting per 50 birds will be; 20/28 gauge +2 birds, .410 (36 gauge for all you europeans!) +6. For 5-Stand handicapping will be per 25 birds and will be; 20/28gauge +1 bird, .410 +3birds.
    If you have any questions please feel free to post it here or e-mail me (Travis Burt) at tburt@chartertn.net. Alternatively, you can contact Robert Earhart rearhart@btes.tv or Mike Rutter rutterzrodz@chartertn.net.
    GCarrier
    GCarrier

Sporting and 5 Stand Leagues starting! Empty Re: Sporting and 5 Stand Leagues starting!

Post  GCarrier Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:01 pm

Just wanted to thank all the folks involved with 5-stand on Tuesday nights for the welcome and acceptance I've experienced as a new shooter. While I'm still struggling with this new discipline, everybody has been very patient and helpful, and I can say with no hesitation that I'm having a blast (no pun intended). 'Preciate it, folks!
    kfoot5stand

Sporting and 5 Stand Leagues starting! Empty Re: Sporting and 5 Stand Leagues starting!

Post  kfoot5stand Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:39 am

GCarrier,
    We're glad you're enjoying your time with 5-stand! We always enjoy having new shooters 'discover' the game and we hope to continue to see you shooting with us.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 12:42 am