Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club Forum

A forum for anyone with an interest in the activities, participation, and promotion of the Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club

2 posters

New Dues and the Tiers to Tears

justanobody

New Dues and the Tiers to Tears Empty New Dues and the Tiers to Tears

Post  justanobody Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:58 pm

As someone who has been a member of Kettlefoot even before it was moved to the current location, let me ask a question as politely as I can.
    Why would the club ever need to establish "hours of operation" at any time in the future since the usage of the club, since the increase of cost of ammo and components, seems that the club isn't being over run with members using it
    It couldn't be because of congestion of the members.

Thanks
    Wayne

New Dues and the Tiers to Tears Empty Re: New Dues and the Tiers to Tears

Post  Wayne Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:29 pm

I will respond as politely as possible.
    Hours  of operation exist in every club in the Tri-Cities except Kettlefoot. Having said that, I DO NOT SEE KETTLEFOOT HAVING "HOURS OF OPERATION" IN THE FORSEEABLE  FUTURE, or as long as I am Club Manager.
    The only reasons I can think of to have "Hours" would be mandatory noise ordinance enacted or enforced by the government or misuse and/or abuse of the facility by members to the extent  a range officer has to be present at each range. This has occured at several of the Clubs nearby.
    We are fortunate at this time not to have these issues. All the other clubs nearby must deal with these problems, I am grateful we do not. Kettlefoot is the most accessable range I know of anywhere. Everyone needs to be thankful for that as it is not a privilege to be taken lightly.
    Anyone who has specific concerns, should think about stepping up to the Silver Member status by volunteering to help. Silver members and above will be attending regular meetings to help make decisions in managing Kettlefoot. So far this has been extremely successful as several members are volunteering to help maintain ranges, help run matches and take some of the burden off yours truly. There are still plenty of jobs available in each of the shooting disciplines. Anyone interested may contact me directly.
    If you are unable or unwilling to volunteer or do not wish to pay more, it is OK. Just come out enjoy the facility and be a good member. Nothing has changed for you unless you want it to change. Be sure to thank those who are doing the volunteer work as this keeps the dues from increasing.
    Without volunteers, there would be no formal competitions at Kettlefoot. I would like to personally thank all those who run IR50/50, USPSA,NSSA,ATA,IDPA,ARA,Sporting Clays, 5-Stand and the Shotgun Leagues. A big thanks to those who just stop by with an encouraging word or two when I am really tired. You guys are the reason I continue to put the hours in.

Wayne
    justanobody

Post  justanobody Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:16 pm

Wayne:

That was a reasonable and well though out answer.  Not  a run around answer like a politician would give.  Thanks.

Oh yes, How would this work? If the club goes to business hours due to the noise and the silver members will have access to the club 24/7 "even if the club goes to "Hours of Operation" in the future, how will that work?

Wayne

Post  Wayne Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:31 am

If the "Hours" thing were to ever take place, I hope that figuring out how to do it will be someone else's problem. I, for one want the club to remain as open as possible for all members for as long as possible.
    As for a definite answer...the gate could be programmed to limit certain codes.
    Let's all work and be vigilante to insure the club stays like it is.
    Wayne

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 4:20 pm