Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club Forum

A forum for anyone with an interest in the activities, participation, and promotion of the Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club

4 posters

Archery Classes

BigD
    BigD

Archery Classes Empty Archery Classes

Post  BigD Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:13 pm

I was wondering if Kettlefoot offered any beginner archery classes for adults? If so who is the contact person.
    D. Miller
    D. Miller

Archery Classes Empty Archery Lessons

Post  D. Miller Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:01 am

BigD wrote:I was wondering if Kettlefoot offered any beginner archery classes for adults? If so who is the contact person.

Hello BigD... To my knowledge, there are no archery classes being taught at Kettlefoot at the present time... If there were enough interest, it could become a possibility I guess...

But in the mean time, shoot me an email, I may have some info that can help you..

deck@bvunet.net
    Lynne

Archery Classes Empty archery classes

Post  Lynne Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:08 am

BigD: Deck is correct that we don't have any formal classes. I would suggest you come to one of our 3D tournaments. There are plenty of us who have extra bows who would be more than willing to spend time teaching you the basics. We'll even get you out on the course. There's a lot of years experience between us and we will be glad to answer questions, give you suggestions, etc. Our first tournament is April 25-26. Come on out.
    BigD
    BigD

Archery Classes Empty Re: Archery Classes

Post  BigD Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:50 am

Thanks. I purchased a bow several years ago and have done nothing with it. I would love to learn to how to properly shoot it. If I get the chance I will come to the 3D shoot in April.
    LivinOnTheFly
    LivinOnTheFly

Post  LivinOnTheFly Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:17 pm

Lynne, is there any restriction on the speed your bow shoots for the 3D tournament. I've noticed that some require the high speed hunting bows to back the speed down. I am very interested in shooting some tournaments this year.
    Lynne

Archery Classes Empty archery feet per second

Post  Lynne Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:30 pm

To Livinonthefly: Yes there are restrictions for feet per second. Within the circuit of 4 clubs that we shoot the maximum is 280 fps. It depends on what type of bow your are shooting and in what class. If you go to our main website www.kettlefootgunclub.org and click on archery you'll see where you can click on a pdf file that contains all of the rules that govern our circuit.
    LivinOnTheFly
    LivinOnTheFly

Post  LivinOnTheFly Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:29 pm

Thanks for the info Lynne!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:22 pm