Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club Forum

A forum for anyone with an interest in the activities, participation, and promotion of the Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club

4 posters

New pistol ranges

B Powers
    B Powers

New pistol ranges Empty New pistol ranges

Post  B Powers Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:50 pm

Mark,

When will we be able to start shooting in the new pistol bays?

Are there going to be barrels, picnic tables, drums for trash?

Do we have enough wood target stands or should we get some people together to make some?
    Henry

New pistol ranges Empty Re: New pistol ranges

Post  Henry Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:54 pm

I haven't been to a match in a couple of months and am anxious to see the new stage areas. Hopefully I will make it up there this month.
    MarkEagle
    MarkEagle

Post  MarkEagle Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:26 am

The new ranges are roughed in already and can used as is. We are working on getting more barrels and gear. Wayne is getting new picnic tables for each bay and a covered meeting place on the grade below the new ranges. The berms will be hydroseeded soon and grass will be growing fast.
    Harvey is setting up the stages for this month. We may hold off using the new bays this month, but we will be planning to use the new bays in March. I am planning on having six bays so the score sheet will be full next month- may need to bring some extra ammunition. In another separate bay we will hold a monthly classifier for those who want to classify.
    So bottom line, the bays are already open. We still have some finishing touches to add, such as trash cans and props, but still ready. I have shot a few shots in each bay so each has been broken in.

On the other question- yes we need some new target stands- there seems to be a plague of 9mm termites, with 40S&W bettles, and 45ACP wood borers that have eaten many of the target strips. Mike Yeck has been great in getting them back up and running. If you can help repair or replace target stands please let Mike or me know.
    myeck
    myeck

New pistol ranges Empty Target Stands for new bays

Post  myeck Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:32 pm

I am planning on starting some more target stands. If anyone would like to take one of the existing stands and use that as a pattern, please do so. If anyone has any different ideas on target stands, go for it. All help is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:45 pm