Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club Forum

A forum for anyone with an interest in the activities, participation, and promotion of the Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club

+9
s lance
DARoberts
oneshotone
Wayne
Brian Traynor
Sabadoctor
LivinOnTheFly
dtwalters
mkg
13 posters

rimfire tactical matches

oneshotone
    oneshotone

rimfire tactical matches - Page 2 Empty Rimfire Match

Post  oneshotone Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:53 am

Mike,

I will not be able to be at the 9:00 A.M. match on the 21st. I will be at the 12:00 Military Match, but cannot make both because of children and my wife is working this Saturday.

Gary
    mkg
    mkg

rimfire tactical matches - Page 2 Empty Re: rimfire tactical matches

Post  mkg Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:43 am

OK Gary, I hope to see you at the next one.

Mike
    Sabadoctor
    Sabadoctor

rimfire tactical matches - Page 2 Empty Match

Post  Sabadoctor Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:53 pm

I am planning on being at the match this weekend. I will be using my CZ 452 American. Who else and what guns are you guys bringing?

Rob
    mkg
    mkg

Post  mkg Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:49 am

I'll be shooting a Savage MKII BTV .

Mike
    Sabadoctor
    Sabadoctor

rimfire tactical matches - Page 2 Empty Safety Indicators

Post  Sabadoctor Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:09 pm

Does anyone no where to get a .22 Chamber Safety indicator in the Tri-Cities? Too late to order one for Saturday. Thanks.

Rob
    mkg
    mkg

Post  mkg Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:43 pm

Rob ,

We will provide them. Bright orange weedeater string ....

Mike
    mkg
    mkg

Post  mkg Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:55 pm

To all of you planning to shoot the Saturday morning match. We will be providing adjustable stools for the bench portion but you may want to bring a towel or packing blanket to lay on for the prone portion and for padding when shooting off of the barrels....

You will need to provide your ammo also( 100 rounds )

That's all I can think of right now if you have questions please feel free to call 423-797-0497

I will be taking photos of all the action to post here or on the web page.

I look forward to seeing all of you at the match.

Mike
    s lance
    s lance

Post  s lance Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:45 pm

I'm going to miss the match, but it sounds like great fun. I'm looking forward to the after action report.
    mkg
    mkg

Post  mkg Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:24 pm

I don't know about you guys but the bunch that I shoot with are already talkin' trash.

I'll see you all in the morning Very Happy

Mike
    JMann
    JMann

Post  JMann Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:16 pm

I observed yesterday's match without participating. It looked to be a lot of fun and something that I would enjoy doing. Do you intend to continue with it for a while? I'm asking this before I go out and buy a rifle and scope.

Tnx Question
    mkg
    mkg

Post  mkg Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:09 pm

JMann ,

It was a lot of fun and this was the first of many, as long as people show up to shoot it I'll do my best to keep it running. Wayne and Lynne were very helpful and supportive of the match. Plus the time slot fits really well before the military match.

So , come on out and join us. It's hard to have this much fun for so little money.

I've been talking to Bill Erwin, he's the guy that as far as I know got this whole thing started ( at least in California ). He's a great guy ( and a Kingsport native ) he's been sending me ideas they use for thier course of fire and I try to adapt it to our range. We'll keep changing things up some just to keep it interesting. The bench and prone sections will remain the same but the obsticle portion may change from month to month . Barrels one month saw horses the next and maybe we'll mix in some unkown distance targets. I'd like to come up with some reactive targets in the future we'll just have to see how it goes.

Mike
    Denny1

rimfire tactical matches - Page 2 Empty Cool match

Post  Denny1 Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:48 pm

Goin have to handicapp Balthis affraid lol! next time bom
    mkg
    mkg

Post  mkg Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:31 pm

rimfire tactical matches - Page 2 Mar202009057

Kevin B.the winner

rimfire tactical matches - Page 2 Mar202009052

Wayne sends one from the bench

rimfire tactical matches - Page 2 Mar202009060

Tim T. on the barrel

rimfire tactical matches - Page 2 Mar202009002

Sabadoctor digesting data

rimfire tactical matches - Page 2 Mar202009059

yours truely shooting Tim's target.....DOOH!

All in all I think everyone had a good time .

Kevin took all of us to school shooting a 540 out of 1000 to take first place cheers ( we're not worthy ). Sabadoctor placed second with a score of 357 followed closely by yours truly with 346 ( that's what I get for not confirming my target) I'll be gunning for you Rob Very Happy Tim followed closely for fourth with 289 points. Wayne DNF'd . The recoil from his wicked 10/22 literally shook the scope mounts loose and he could not continue , not to mention the military shoot was about to start.

Next month Kevin has to shoot blindfolded that should help! Just kidding Kevin!

The rifles finished in this order: Savage MKII , CZ , Savage MKII , Winchester, Ruger

I hope to see everyone there next month.

Mike
    Preda8or
    Preda8or

Post  Preda8or Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:04 am

I would like to think Mike for putting on a great match, I think a blindfold may be a little extreme, I just got lucky. You mentioned the military match but after the military match they have a sniper shoot also, So there is a little something for everyone. To all the guys and girls that have never shot any match of any kind, This was the first time I have ever shoot in any match of any kind, There is a learning curve, But the learning curve is for all of us as the matches are not the same from time to time, Mike told us what to do and how long we had to do it in and we did it, And we had a blast. Trust me it is better than setting at home reading about what happened, If nothing else come and watch. The nice thing about this match is you don't have to spend a lot of money to compete, I use bulk winchester ammo and a savage rifle. There are a lot of good people that shoot out here and most of them are willing to help with what ever you need help with, Me included. Come on out and try it, I bet you would like it.
    mkg
    mkg

Post  mkg Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:50 am

Kevin , you're very welcome.... It wasn't all me though everybody that shot Saturday helped . Grabbing barrels, stools, shooting mats etc .....

I'd like to thank Wayne and Lynne for all the help they gave me. I've never run anything like this and those two were eager and willing to help.

I do want to confirm what Kevin said . The folks that shot Saturday are some of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet . If you need help or advise someone will do thier level best to help.

I may give the sniper match a go next month. affraid

Mike
    Sabadoctor
    Sabadoctor

rimfire tactical matches - Page 2 Empty Thanks

Post  Sabadoctor Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:11 pm

Thanks again Mike for all of your hard work setting up this match. I had a great time and will be looking forward to the next one. I will be hunting for a new scope that actually returns to zero at each range. And I played with several different types of match ammo this weekend so watch out!

What about some sort of bad guy head shot next to a hostage under time pressure for one of the stages?

Thanks again.

Rob
    mkg
    mkg

Post  mkg Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:12 pm

Rob I have those czech military sniper training targets which is about the same thing . Points added for hits on the bad guy and points lost for hits on a hostage.
    I also have a Carlos Hathcock type target where you have to shoot the opposing sniper ( through the scope of course ) to collect points.
    I'm glad you had a good time . And you just hang on to that match ammo ..... I got some too Razz

Mike
    Denny1

Post  Denny1 Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:22 pm

too much fun jocolor I guess i will have to find a scope for the savage and the 10/22. Mike you did a great job on the pictures! cheers drunken
    mkg
    mkg

Post  mkg Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Denny , I can't take all of the credit .... At least I got them posted.

Maybe next time you'll be able to drag your rifle out of the truck and shoot with us.

Mike
    JMann
    JMann

Post  JMann Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:11 pm

Found a Savage MK II BTV today and got it on order. Will be ordering a scope shortly. Are the mats furnished by the club or do we need to supply our own? This is turning into a rather expensive Saturday.

Have ya'll used any RWS ammo? It is all that I can find with which I have any degree of familiarity. drunken
    mkg
    mkg

Post  mkg Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:26 pm

JMann, Congrats on the new acquisition ! The mats are supplied by the club so no need to buy one.

The only experiance I have with RWS is this . It shoots really well at 50 yds. but seems to fall apart at longer ranges. At least out of my Savage. I've tried Wolf match, match extra, Eley target rifle, club and RWS. They all shoot well but I'm not sure if they shoot twice as good or not, depends on your pockets I guess.

I shoot winchester dyna-points bulk ammo it's consistant for the most part and half the price of the " Match " ammo . $23 a brick ( 500 rounds ) at Dicks in Kingsport or Johnson City when they have it . From what I hear K-Mart carries white box dyna-points, same ammo for $30 a brick.

Have you tried volunteer gun shop ? Terry carries match ammo sometimes.

Mike
    Denny1

Post  Denny1 Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:30 pm

mkg wrote:Denny , I can't take all of the credit .... At least I got them posted.

Maybe next time you'll be able to drag your rifle out of the truck and shoot with us.

Mike
    I did manage to shoot the 204 yesterday. Kevin and Tim even witnessed it lol!
    mkg
    mkg

Post  mkg Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:35 pm

I did manage to shoot the 204 yesterday

AND .......
    Denny1

Post  Denny1 Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:39 pm

mkg wrote:
    I did manage to shoot the 204 yesterday

AND .......
    Iguess not to bad for factory ammo and someone who cant shoot. Gone give her a scrub down and try some handloads. If the rain holds off on Wed. gone go out a play with her some more.
    Preda8or
    Preda8or

Post  Preda8or Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:45 pm

Fine looking rifle (Snow camo savage predator hunter)and its going to shoot

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:59 pm